The Forklift Network Offers Servicing, Parts And Sales of New and Used Forklifts
Kentucky forklift carry the following new and used forklift Louisville, including Barnett, Yale, Toyota, Caterpillar, Crown Hyster, Linde, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Raymond, through a network of 15 forklift dealers that connect you to over 1,500 forklifts in inventory. Maintenance of your forklift Louisville KY is key to it running at its optimal performance. Batteries are an area that need to be checked regularly as they could lead to less than optimal performance for your Forklift Lexington. Depending on the battery you have, it will need to be replaced or recharged. Your dealer can give you the specifics for your forklift Louisville. Care needs to be taken with working with the battery because they may contain harmful substances and there may be a risk of inhalation and contact problems from the liquid. Batteries in general are costly, between $3,000 to $7,000, so we will provide you tips to help you properly maintain your Kentucky forklift battery life. If your forklift Lexington uses a 24 cell, 48-volt battery, your company could and save nearly $1,200 by correctly maintaining your Kentucky forklift batteries.
- Do not overfill the battery as it causes corrosive sulphuric acid to leak and destroy the battery cover.
- But note, it is also dangerous to under-fill electrolyte levels, because if sulphuric acid is under-diluted it may destroy the battery cells too early.
- Always store and recharge batteries in a well ventilated area away from open flames, and not in a high heat area.
- Always use the charger designed for the battery being charged.
- Always keep battery vent caps tight.
- Keep emergency wash stations near battery storage and charging areas.
- Follow the battery manufacturer's recommendations for recharging and replacing batteries.
- Tighten cable clamp nuts with the proper size wrench and do not over twist the battery terminals.
Nickel-iron batteries are also used in forklift Lexington and are subject to the same rules and precautions. Our network of forklift Louisville dealers are available to help you find the Kentucky forklift that best meets your company’s needs and will assist you with the maintenance schedule which will help your forklift Louisville KY run at its optimal performance.